What do you do with your 95LX/100LX/200LX?
06-30-2015, 12:00 AM
What do you do with your 95LX/100LX/200LX?
The point of this thread is twofold:

1. Share useful ideas.
2. Make readers think "Oh bugger, now I've got something else I want to spend $50-$200 on."

Some of the stuff I do with mine...

Call log - I've got a database for recording (personal) business-related phone calls and encounters: who I spoke with, what was discussed, next steps, reference numbers, etc. Very handy for recording my conversations with Cleveland Clinic when they inevitably screw up my bill every month.

Medication database - Another custom database. This one tracks any medications I take currently. I've tried recording this info with Numbers on my iPhone/iPad, and having the info always with me was nice, but I never bothered updating it because the UI is so clumsy. So back to the 200LX keyboard interface.

Tractor info - I've got a 1-2-3 spreadsheet for tracking TCO and maintenance for my lawn tractor. Each entry has a date, optional description, dollar amount, and hours listed on the tractor's engine clock.

Vacation time - Another 1-2-3 spreadsheet that I use to track remaining paid time off. New rows (from the Alt-A macro) default to being a bi-weekly accrual row, or I can modify the data to represent usage.

C coding - TurboC runs pretty nicely on the 200LX. I mostly use it for tinkering, but I do have one legitimately useful program I put together that calculates odds of rolling a given total on an arbitrary number of dice with arbitrary (non-negative, integer) face values. (Anybody have a good System Manager programmers' text editor to recommend? Memo isn't the best for this.)

Financial calculator - If I don't have something with larger, easier-to-use buttons handy, this will do in a pinch, given that it's got all the functionality of a 19BII.

48SX/GX backup - With DataComm, Kermit, and the IR port, you can easily make backups with no cabling needed.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
What do you do with your 95LX/100LX/200LX? - Dave Britten - 06-30-2015 12:00 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)