HP Classics: About Cases and Boxes
06-05-2015, 12:01 PM
RE: HP Classics: About Cases and Boxes
(06-05-2015 10:23 AM)isanchez Wrote:  About the pouches, I have seen four types:
-Black model with velcro and pocket: supposed to be in the small hard cases? mainly bended in a roll with a elastic band. For 35, 80 & 45 (all when bought in small sized cases?)

There are actually a few different versions of the black leather classic pouches.

1. Belt loop, no pocket, double-stitched Velcro flap: I think this was only used for early HP-35 calculators -- Red Dot and possibly very early version 2. This pouch has several differences from the later versions, including a slightly narrower flap and a smaller belt loop, in addition to the double stitching and lack of pocket.

2. Belt loop, pocket: this seems to be the standard pouch used for most classic models for most of their production runs. As you said, it came with the 35, 45, and 80. I don't think the 55 or 70 (later classic releases) ever came with this pouch.

3. No belt loop, pocket: I don't know which model or version this came with. I have one of these that houses an HP-80, but I'm not certain that's actually the model it came with.

4. The HP-65 version, as you described above.

Thanks for starting a thread to characterize these! I have always thought it would be interesting to try to catalog the case variants for the various models and families, since there were often a lot of variations in these over the course of a release.

John
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP Classics: About Cases and Boxes - John R - 06-05-2015 12:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)