HP mid-range graphing calculator with exam mode
10-09-2015, 11:55 PM
RE: HP mid-range graphing calculator with exam mode
(04-23-2015 06:53 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  
(04-23-2015 05:29 PM)Thomas Radtke Wrote:  Are those blinking LEDs a test for photosensitive epilepsy?

Not unless a 10 second cycle will set you off...

Don't forget though that although each calculator might be flashing every 10s, 100 of them in an exam could mean a flash every 0.1s. Or are they accurately synchronised?
I would certainly have found that distracting, just when you need to concentrate.

Although controlling the LED on/off from PPL might be thought as compromising exam mode, I think two options might be possible, if the LED can be triggered and latched, rather than repeatedly switched on and off under PPL control.

One option would be to flash a LED upon program completion. Another option would be to flash a LED if a divide-by-zero or other runtime error occurs... Provided the PPL cannot switch that off and continue a program, it will be unable to simulate exam mode.

Speaking of exam mode, I would like to see an "I am not a student" setting...
So I can stop worrying that one day I will accidentally press that exam button and lose the functionality of the calculator for however long it takes.

Stephen Lewkowicz (G1CMZ)
https://my.numworks.com/python/steveg1cmz
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP mid-range graphing calculator with exam mode - StephenG1CMZ - 10-09-2015 11:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)