All About Slide Rules Book (PDF)
04-16-2015, 03:26 PM
RE: All About Slide Rules Book (PDF)
(04-15-2015 03:12 PM)Derek W Wrote:  Have you tried Sphere Research in Canada? They currently list New-in-Box (actually new-in-bag) Pickett N500ES rules in aluminium from C$69 (I bought two a little while ago). They sometimes have NIB K+E rules as well.

I have no connection with them other than as a customer. Prices are not cheap but new slide rules are not exactly common.

Derek,

Yes, I've found Sphere and have been considering the N500ES. Susan replied to my e-mail and she still has some of these left. How do you like yours? (and what rules have you compared it to?). How do you find the weight and size (height)?

I have my eye on their biggest, the N4ES, for the Log(Log(x)) implementation of the LL scales. Seems that all other Log Log rules are actually have Log Ln scales, i.e. Log(Ln(x)). But the N4ES is also quite tall and may not handle as well as a more typically sized rule. Dick Rose has these in stock at Rose Vintage Instruments, again the prices are a little more than flea market, but dealing with them is better than launching a campaign on TAS.

Thanks for the input.

Mark
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: All About Slide Rules Book (PDF) - MarkMason - 04-16-2015 03:26 PM
RE: All About Slide Rules Book (PDF) - rkf - 05-12-2015, 09:51 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)