PrimeComm uncovers something weird in a Program file
03-18-2015, 04:01 AM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2015 04:42 AM by bobkrohn.)
RE: PrimeComm uncovers something weird in a Program file
(03-18-2015 02:36 AM)Han Wrote:  In general, I use a plain text editor, nothing fancy. Then I simply copy/paste into the virtual calc. And if I want to send it to my calculator, I send it from virtual calc to actual calculator.

I am surprised that you continue to use backups if you have no way to verify that the backups themselves are bug free. The post above seems to suggest that your backups themselves may be the source of your issues. I recommend cleaning out your state files for the virtual calc and only copying the text-only source code into the virtual calc. Only then will you know that you have an absolutely pristine state. If it works there, then it should work similarly on the actual hardware (knock on wood). And before sending it to the hardware, I also recommend doing a factory reset there, too (formatting). If you've done all that and both virtual calc and hardware are misbehaving, then it's pretty clear that you have run into a bug. Otherwise, you may as well ask whether the chicken or the egg came first.

Text Editors-
I tried at first to use UltaEdit. By that time I had made extensive use (right or wrong) of the A-> B style of storing a variable rather than the B:=A style.
UltraEdit can't understand the -> (unicode) and replaces it with a "?".
I had hundreds of them by then.
No Good.

I got some advice on this Forum on some other programmer focused editors.
I have started to play with those. The nice thing about the PrimeComm Editor is that it is specifically for the Prime.
I just started to try editing files in PrimeComm and then Copy-n-Paste into the open file in Connectivity Kit (CK)

Backups-
I backup constantly. Right now, from about 3 months with the Prime, I have about 110 backup zips. (of course I'm not really looking at 3 week old zips but I have the space so what the heck)
"Usually" I only backup when it APPEARS that the Prime is behaving correctly.
My clue when things have gone bad is EXCESSIVE compile time and/or FALSE Syntax Error messages.
I am now also saving the hpprgm files directly to one folder via drag-n-drop from CK to PC. On occasion I drag-n-drop a file from PC to CK.
After deleting the file from the CK first. (won't overwrite like the other direction will)

Are you saying that
loading hpprgm files from PC to Emulator via the CK and then Drag-N-Drop
to the Physical Prime via CK
provides some sort of extra "filtering" of corrupt files?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PrimeComm uncovers something weird in a Program file - bobkrohn - 03-18-2015 04:01 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)