Generic Calculator Shield for Arduino Photo-journal
03-16-2015, 05:52 PM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2015 08:11 PM by MarkHaysHarris777.)
RE: Generic Calculator Shield for Arduino Photo-journal
(03-16-2015 09:47 AM)BarryMead Wrote:  Mark: You can also buy 8 bidirectional level translators in a nice package from adafruit here Or for quad I2C compatible (I/O's with pullups less than 50k) level translators here

Thanks, Barry. Actually, for my purposes I've been looking at this level shifter from adafruit. It is essentially an octal chip that combines the functionality of the LM339, with voltage reference, and pullup resistors, in one in-line pack that can be soldered into a proto-board permanently. I have a couple on order, along with a couple of the ones you pointed me to. Those will be good for mounting headers for use with solder-less bread boards. I'm planning to make one more calculator shield (red boards, blue (20 character by 2 line) back-lit display with white lettering) and I'm planning on using the 74LVC245 there. Thanks again.

PS I did not make clear the fact that the 74LVC245 has tri-state logic... meaning, that it can provide buffering for both output AND input. See the datasheet to learn more.

Cheers,
marcus
Smile

Kind regards,
marcus
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Generic Calculator Shield for Arduino Photo-journal - MarkHaysHarris777 - 03-16-2015 05:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)