Generic Calculator Shield for Arduino Photo-journal
03-06-2015, 10:56 AM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2015 10:58 AM by MarkHaysHarris777.)
RE: Generic Calculator Shield for Arduino Photo-journal
Greetings, my binary | hex serial display & debugger is half completed and tested operational. The LED bar in the top of the panel is a 10 digit binary display being driven by a CD74HCT273E octal D-type latch with common 'clock' (strobe) and common MR (master reset). I have the three 273s wired as shift registers (Big-endian) -- the board being a 24 bit display. I can drive the board with two(2) lines; one for data, and the other for the 'clock' strobe (high-going, leading edge triggered). I am using the serial display now for binary computation (RPN) and the parallel display for mode|status|annunciations.

[Image: binary_serial2.jpg]

The lower-left button on the Makershield is the [ENTER] key, and the four buttons on top-left 'clock-wise' are 1) '0', 2) compliment, 3) '+', and 4) '1'. I am using pairs of buttons 'held together' for blue and gold key, so that I have a full compliment of 10 bit binary functions.

The real keyboard panel and buttons are in the mails, and the VT102 serial console is coming along nicely.

PS Did I mention the Mega is fun!

Cheers,
marcus
Smile

Kind regards,
marcus
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Generic Calculator Shield for Arduino Photo-journal - MarkHaysHarris777 - 03-06-2015 10:56 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)