Generic Calculator Shield for Arduino Photo-journal
03-05-2015, 07:27 AM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2015 07:30 AM by MarkHaysHarris777.)
RE: Generic Calculator Shield for Arduino Photo-journal
I am playing around with the Arduino micro-controller; planning on prototyping on the Uno, MEGA2560, Due, and the Intel Edison with the Arduino breakouts. My MEGA2560 came today by mail; as well I built my parallel binary display module | debugger. So, the pics, then some comments:

[Image: ATMEGA2560_binary_display2.jpg] [Image: binary_display2.jpg] [Image: binary_display_bot2.jpg]

The MEGA2560 is a faster micro-controller, has more memory, and way more pinouts (digital and analog). This guy is fun; the big brother of Uno. The new IDE works splendidly with this board. I built the parallel binary display board today (serial is coming tomorrow) using a bar LED driven with 74LS04 inverter package, powered on-board with a 7805 fed from the Arduino Vin. This setup is a binary calculator (RPN) four level stack with one function (+), and [enter] button, and a compliment button for subtraction. Its six digit binary, but gets the framework going; as well, provides me with some instrumentation (you know I am big on instrumentation toys)!

I'm planning to read the keyboard with four lines, and to talk with the LCD with three lines; however, the Due and the Mega (the Edison too) give the opportunity for plenty of I|O lines should that be faster or (just better) to do things in parallel rather than serial. Time will tell.

Cheers,
marcus
Smile

Kind regards,
marcus
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Generic Calculator Shield for Arduino Photo-journal - MarkHaysHarris777 - 03-05-2015 07:27 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)