Request for "Decimal Period of 1/X in Base Y" program
03-01-2015, 09:55 PM
RE: Request for "Multiplicative Order of Y (mod X)" program
(03-01-2015 07:02 PM)Gerald H Wrote:  Don't understand why you're doing the calculation in base 12 - my prog is only good for base 10 representation. Entering 12 & 23 returns length of period of 12/23 in base 10.

As I mentioned in the original posting, I'm looking for the period of the repeating "decimal" expansion of 1/Y in base X. The example I gave there was 1/13 in hex, so Y=13, X=16 (1/Dh = 0.13B13B13B...h) which has a period of 3. I'm looking for a program that handles any base, not just decimal and hex. I think that my URPL program does this, but it's much slower than your ORD program, so I greatly appreciate all your insights here.

(03-01-2015 07:02 PM)Gerald H Wrote:  Nothing "creepy or cryptic" - I just have too much respect for you. You have produced excellent progs for years & I'm very impressed & more readily impute error to myself than you.

I'm not the only one affected by this respect for the greats, Robert Record's words are a lighthouse for us all.

We're all in the same boat. Putting anybody on too high a pedestal can capsize the boat. Wink

<0|ΙΈ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Request for "Multiplicative Order of Y (mod X)" program - Joe Horn - 03-01-2015 09:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)