Trouble updating Prime firmware
05-31-2016, 03:16 PM
RE: Trouble updating Prime firmware
(05-28-2016 03:19 PM)bobh Wrote:  No luck. I tried all the steps, reinstalled all the software. Still hangs up at "HP Prime recovery mode V13" The app at "Waiting for connection"
Thanks for the help but no need to answer further. I am taking the HP Prime out to the garage and smash it with a hammer.

If you are connected on a USB 3 port, and you haven't updated to the previous version then it probably is not recognizing the switch from "normal" operation to the update mode. Here's a message I wrote a while back:

Quote:Basically, the problem is most likely when the calculator "switches" from the normal opearting mode into the "updater" mode. Recently with some USB ports, windows stopped reloading the usb driver into the "updater" mode on some systems.

A simple thing you can attempt is this:

1. Try your update mode.

2. once it is in the "updtate" screen - go ahead and unplug the calculator.

3. Close the connkit leaving the calculator in the update mode.

4. Now connect the calcualtor to a DIFFERENT usb port.

5. Windows will probably pop up a driver installion thing, or detect the device, or something simlar. That is what you want.

6. Once everything has stopped, run the connectivity kit again. After a few seocnds, it will ask if you want to update. Click yes and hopefully it will run nicely this time.

If you continue to have problems, try following this support document. If you continue having an issue, post back here and we'll try to work it out.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-P...c04674521/

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trouble updating Prime firmware - bobh - 05-15-2016, 02:41 PM
RE: Trouble updating Prime firmware - bobh - 05-28-2016, 03:19 PM
RE: Trouble updating Prime firmware - Tim Wessman - 05-31-2016 03:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)