Trouble updating Prime firmware
05-12-2016, 12:36 PM
RE: Trouble updating Prime firmware
This approach worked, eventually. I could not get into recovery mode and somehow missed the sequence of SYMB + Reset. I got to Recovery Mode V13. So far, so good. I started the connectivity hit and plugged in the calculator. It connected and I was asked if I wanted to update. Yes! However, it stopped about 10% into the first step and stalled as before. The connectivity kit reported nothing. The calculator reported "error: unknown command 14" so I unplugged it. It went back to the quadratic equation.

I tried this sequence several more times with the same result so I quit.

I thought that there might be something wrong with the update files. I went to the folder with the data files, removed Firmware, went to Temp and extracted the folder for the latest firmware, put it in place of the original Firmware folder and renamed it.

I also checked preferences and discovered an unselected option to use the "new update method." Never heard about it!

I restarted the update sequence (i.e., recovery mode, connect, et cetera) and this time all proceeded as normal. My Prime is back as good as new! I don't know if it was a problem with the original Firmware folder contents or not using the new update method.

Really appreciate the help here.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trouble updating Prime firmware - mark4flies - 05-12-2016 12:36 PM
RE: Trouble updating Prime firmware - bobh - 05-15-2016, 02:41 PM
RE: Trouble updating Prime firmware - bobh - 05-28-2016, 03:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)