Trouble updating Prime firmware
05-11-2016, 08:21 PM
RE: Trouble updating Prime firmware
This reply is not about helping with the original problem that started this thread. My problem is related but different.

I know my computer, cable, and Prime are compatible because I have performed a couple of firmware updates already without any difficulty. I like to keep the connectivity kit, virtual calculator, and real calculator up to date. I had no problem last week when I updated the kit and the virtual calculator. My problem occurred with the real calculator. I followed the usual procedure and the progress dialog on the computer and the calculator were fine at the start been then I started getting a stream of the same error message repeated over and over again on the calculator. It was beeping, too, each time. This occurred every couple of seconds. I finally (reluctantly) disconnected the device after a couple of minutes.

Now it starts with the HP logo and then displays the quadratic equation. I am also now unable to connect the calculator to the kit on my computer. I have searched the HP Forums for a solution. Older threads indicate a number of solutions that are supposed to always work (e.g., press C-F-O and insert paper clip into hardware reset button) but it go to a new mode where I can recover.

I searched here already but didn't find any help. If I missed a thread with help, please direct me to it. I am really sad to have a new brick on my desk and want to make it better.

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trouble updating Prime firmware - mark4flies - 05-11-2016 08:21 PM
RE: Trouble updating Prime firmware - bobh - 05-15-2016, 02:41 PM
RE: Trouble updating Prime firmware - bobh - 05-28-2016, 03:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)