Trouble updating Prime firmware
02-25-2015, 10:29 AM
Trouble updating Prime firmware
I'm trying to update the Prime firmware, but with no success.

I have the HP Connectivity Kit Build 2014 12 3 Rev. 6975, installed on a Lenovo Thinkpad X240 with Windows 7 installed.

When connecting the Prime with a USB cable, the Prime shows up with its given name, variables and programs, and editing programs in the Conn. kit works fine (edits show up on the Prime). The prime shows up in the "Devices and Printers" control panel as "HP Prime Calculator".

The firmware update 210141203 was downloaded by the Conn. kit and it suggests to update the Prime with this firmware. The dialog shows my Prime with the number 20130813, which I guess is the date of the installed firmware.

When I press "Update" from this dialog (which can also be brought up by choosing "Update firmware" from the right-click menu on the calculator in the device tree), the following happens:

- A Windows dialog "User Account Control" asks if I want to give the program named "Updater Utility" permission to make changes to the computer. I choose "Yes"
- The device "HP Prime Calculator" is replaced with one called "Prime update" in the "Devices and Printers" control panel
- A dialog named "Firmware update" appears, with the text "Waiting for connection" followed by a varying number of periods.
- The Prime screen shows the HP logo and the text "HP Prime recovery mode V13."

That's all. No progress ever from this point, and only a paperclip reset registers with the Prime. When doing this, the "Prime update" device disappears, and as the Prime has rebooted, the "HP Prime calculator" device reappears.

Any clues as to what I can try next?

Cheers,
--Tom G
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Trouble updating Prime firmware - tom grydeland - 02-25-2015 10:29 AM
RE: Trouble updating Prime firmware - bobh - 05-15-2016, 02:41 PM
RE: Trouble updating Prime firmware - bobh - 05-28-2016, 03:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)