HP35s Revisited Trig Quandary Bug # 2
02-17-2015, 09:56 PM (This post was last modified: 02-17-2015 10:19 PM by MarkHaysHarris777.)
RE: HP35s Revisited Trig Quandary Bug # 2
(02-17-2015 09:45 PM)Jlouis Wrote:  So, lets not bury it in the grave. If the original 35 is not as precise than the 35s, and I believe there's no known case of buildings falling, aircraft disaster and so on, due to the use of the original 35, I suppose we can use the 35s without much worry.

Just my 0,0002 cents. (fix 4 always).

Yes. Jlouis, its even more profound than that... engineers at NASA (most of them no older than 21) put people on the moon; with slide rules.*

I honestly believe that every engineer should be forced to work their entire freshman and sophomore year with a slide rule, and pad of paper, and logarithms; before they EVER get to touch a calculator... would teach humility, and would give them an appreciation for the instrument that most of our engineers take for granted today.

* -unless you're one of those who think we didn't land on the moon... in which case, NASA engineers (most of them no older than 21) FAKED the moon landing; with slide rules-!

Cheers,
marcus
Smile

Kind regards,
marcus
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP35s Revisited Trig Quandary Bug # 2 - MarkHaysHarris777 - 02-17-2015 09:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)