HP35s Revisited Trig Quandary Bug # 2
02-17-2015, 04:48 AM
RE: HP35s Revisited Trig Quandary Bug # 2
(02-17-2015 03:38 AM)Paul Dale Wrote:  Anyway, feel free to call the 34S a dud too, it is only fair.

Gawd Forbid! I have nothing but praise for the WP34s... I'm not saying I would have made every design choice you folks made, but I appreciate EVERY one of the design choices that you did make... ! Very nice work, really.

(02-17-2015 03:38 AM)Paul Dale Wrote:  . . .
The memory is not available on the 30b hardware. We've used it all.
. . .
If we assume that memory were available, the task would be possible but wouldn't be easy. Several of the algorithms in the 34S are designed with the number of digits used in mind. The basic arithmetic and square root functions will work. Some of the other functions might, quite a few won't. Gamma e.g. uses a fixed series expansion which won't scale to arbitrary digit counts.

Yes, I gathered as much from the discussions I've found on-line, in this forum, and other places. I'm really thinking out-loud here for the 43s prototype coming up. Keep arbitrary digits in mind for that release (it would be true innovation coming to the fore front).

Thanks for the dialogue. Smile

Cheers,
marcus

Kind regards,
marcus
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP35s Revisited Trig Quandary Bug # 2 - MarkHaysHarris777 - 02-17-2015 04:48 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)