[34S] Proposal for Entry RPN mode with dynamic stack
02-18-2015, 02:09 AM
RE: [34S] Proposal for Entry RPN mode with dynamic stack
(02-17-2015 08:27 PM)walter b Wrote:  I fear this might become another religious discussion, but anyway:
It doesn't have to be a religious issue if it's an optional feature. If Matthias is right and it could make the 34S attractive to a wider audience, or if it could make some of the existing users happier, then offering both interfaces sounds like a win-win scenario to me.

(02-17-2015 08:27 PM)walter b Wrote:  Classic RPN is what was started on the Classics and maintained until and including the Pioneers. WP 34S (and - in consequence - WP 31S as well) feature classic RPN. [...] There may be other projects with other targets.
If someone decides to implement Entry RPN, does the last sentence mean that you – as in Walter, Pauli and Marcus – would prefer the resulting software to call itself something else than 'WP 34S' if it offers Entry RPN as an option? Or does it simply mean you'd rather have it as a patch or as a feature that's disabled by default? (I'm just asking, I haven't yet decided if I'd like to work on this.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [34S] Proposal for Entry RPN mode with dynamic stack - Bit - 02-18-2015 02:09 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)