New HP-35 simulator for iPhone
01-31-2015, 11:28 PM
RE: New HP-35 simulator for iPhone
(01-31-2015 10:05 AM)Willy R. Kunz Wrote:  
(01-30-2015 10:41 PM)PANAMATIK Wrote:  Did you use original HP microcode emulation for your emulator?

Thanks Bernhard

No, all my calculators are built from scratch, based on physical models and manuals. That's why I call them simulators, rather than emulators. (Besides, I don't think microcode is available for the HP-70.)
The advantage of simulators is total freedom in expanding the capabilities of the calculator in any way you wish.
Since I don't own an HP-35 anymore, in order to verify RPN-35's proper operation, I relied on Maciej Bartosiak's emulator, which is microcode-based.

Yes, simulation is faster and is open for any expansion but needs more work and never is exactly the original. I felt some limits of emulation in my ACT HP-25 emulator, i.e. I coudn't give a single program more than 49 program steps. However the hardware can be updated any time if somebody (me?) writes HP-25 simulator code from scratch, using C standard math.

If somebody needs the HP-70 microcode, I would be able to extract it, if he can give me an HP-70 and allows me to take it apart.

Just to mention this another time: Your simulators are great and I like the photorealistic skin. For my taste it would be even more perfect, if the info and setting symbols would be invisible.

Thanks
Bernhard
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New HP-35 simulator for iPhone - PANAMATIK - 01-31-2015 11:28 PM
RE: New HP-35 simulator for iPhone - Gene - 01-29-2015, 01:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)