25, or 4 to 6 [Not Chicago Content]
01-30-2015, 10:54 AM
RE: 25, or 4 to 6 [Not Chicago Content]
(01-30-2015 08:16 AM)Geoff Quickfall Wrote:  I have actually washed the keyboard but only with water and a mild liquid dish soap solution. No nail brush but maybe a natural bristle paint brush. Do not use hot water, in some cases this may cause a bloom on the black background of the keyboard facia. This is due to the lacquer breakdown by UV light. It happens rarely and can be fixed by allowing the keyboard to dry thoroughly. If still present, some conditioners like Armoral can be applied with a Q-tip to the facia of the keyboard. Do not use alcohol or solvents as the silk screened characters will vanish.

Sorry to take the thread... but I have something that meay be related to this. I have an HP22S where the keyboard plate, where the blue silkscreened symbols are, has developed really tiny "blobs", like the surface of an orange. In the begining I thought them to be stains, so I used isopropyl alcohol and rubbed... bad idea! Now I have a couple of spots where bare metal is shown...

As it is a second hand unit, I don't know its history, maybe worked in harash enviroment or strong sunlight for long time... but no other of my pionneers (and I have quite a good number) has ever developed a single defect in its frontplate (by itself; yes, some have scratches).

What type of lacker would you recommend? I'm not very confident on the results... I have even considered the option of making a vinyl replacement (like the one done for WP34s).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 25, or 4 to 6 [Not Chicago Content] - ElectroDuende - 01-30-2015 10:54 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)