Barcode -> .raw file project ---- help requested
01-31-2015, 07:31 AM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2015 07:33 AM by Ángel Martin.)
RE: Barcode -> .raw file project ---- help requested
(01-30-2015 02:52 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  But it will cost you a tiny bit of time - for those of us not yet fully re-entrenched in 41 stuff, can you explain the difference between a .RAW and .MOD file, and how one makes either from the programs I will copy to the LIF volume?

I'm no expert on the LIF/DAT situation but here's what I know:

1. The .DAT files Joe graciously posted are images of an HP-IL volume. You can use them with IL-Per or other emulators w/ HPIL support.

2. The ROM and MOD files are images of actual HP-41 modules, with FAT, code, and possibly polling points. You can use them in V41 and burn then on Clonix/N0Vo, and download them to the CL.

3. The RAW files are images of individual FOCAL programs. You can load them on V41 and perhaps other emulators (?)

Update:

The "PPC_APPS" ROM is now more or less complete on the CL, but I'm still stuck trying to upload the ROM file to the PC. The link/cable/COM port/BAUD all work fine to download to the CL w/ CLWRITER but not so the other way around, i.e. upload with CLREADER. I tried different BAUD rates to no avail, also tried different versions of YEXP. I'll do a last attempt with my second CL, and if that fails too will dust off the MLM2k - I can also do it with that unit.

"To live or die by your own sword one must first learn to wield it aptly."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Barcode -> .raw file project ---- help requested - Ángel Martin - 01-31-2015 07:31 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)