RealCalc by Quartic Software UK
01-21-2015, 09:23 AM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2015 09:24 AM by walter b.)
RE: RealCalc by Quartic Software UK
(01-21-2015 08:13 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote:  I have been interested in the WP34s for some time. When you first began the project I thought it was a joke (sorry) but I am impressed with how far y'all have come with it. I have not used either of the 30b or 20b models... and having not handled a repurposed unit yet I'm not sure how the overlay works, which model the overlay works best on, nor whether there is really any significant difference between the keys of the 30b vs the 20b.

Please let me quote from p. 3 of the WP 34S manual:

"WP 34S runs on an HP 30b Business Professional, a financial pocket calculator available for less than 40 US$ today. It also runs on an HP-20b but we recommend the HP 30b for its better keyboard. So get hold of one of them. Then turn to Appendix A of this manual for instructions how to convert it into a full-fledged WP 34S yourself – it may be a rewarding experience.
On the other hand, you can purchase a WP 34S readily on the internet; see e.g.
http://commerce.hpcalc.org/34s.php (shipping from the USA) or
http://www.thecalculatorstore.com/epages...%20Pack%22 (shipping from Spain).
The first way (converting it yourself) will cost you little money plus some time, the second will cost you significantly more money and less time. If you choose buying your WP 34S at one of those two sites, we (the developers) will get a very modest fraction of the price to support our otherwise unpaid efforts on the WP 34S project. Either way will work – it is your choice.
"

Quote: I would not mind trying it out. Have you guys made any more progress on an Android version (QT?) that might run on my phone?

AFAIK, there's no WP 34S emulator running on Android phones yet. That's Pascal's realm.

Quote: Do you guys pre-flash the WP34s?

No, we don't. Please see above.

Quote: Thanks again for the reminder on the WP34s... its really a cool community project... very proud of you guys. I'll give it some more thought... but I'm still very interested in the virtual RPN idea and whether that is going to get some steam in your opinion. I realize that your emphasis is going to be on the WP34s and for good reason.

Thanks for your kind words. Our emphasis is on real calculators (i.e. ones with real keys Smile ). We continue supporting the WP 34S and WP 31S but we're anxiously waiting for the 43S prototypes.

d:-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: RealCalc by Quartic Software UK - Bit - 01-21-2015, 05:23 PM
RE: RealCalc by Quartic Software UK - walter b - 01-21-2015 09:23 AM
RE: RealCalc by Quartic Software UK - Bit - 01-21-2015, 05:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)