Creating an equation library (Updated 03-FEB-2017)
02-01-2017, 12:36 AM
RE: Creating an equation library (updated)
(01-31-2017 01:35 PM)akmon Wrote:  And is there an option for solving system of equations "on the go" using your engine, for just inserting the equations without defining the variables previously?. The variables will be created automatically in the solver menu ([Num]).

So I thought about this a bit more and there are some alternatives we can consider. Using only global variables (A-Z,theta,Z0-Z9) could work for "on-the-fly" use. I believe I can properly parse all relevant variables so that users never have to specify them as being part of the the variables list provided that these variables are restricted to global types. Again, the limitation is mainly in the command line in the Symb view. It does not allow you to type expressions using non-existent variables (so globals work, but something like 'myvar' will not unless it already exists in the system).

For the moment, this is not too high on my priority list. I would rather focus on the convergence of Newton's method, and the error handling for different systems (ill-conditioned, over/under determined, etc.) If enough people would like an on-the-fly setup, then perhaps we can then bump it up to higher priority.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Creating an equation library - Han - 01-10-2015, 03:45 AM
RE: Creating an equation library (updated) - Han - 02-01-2017 12:36 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)