Creating an equation library (Updated 03-FEB-2017)
01-31-2017, 02:55 PM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2017 04:53 PM by Han.)
RE: Creating an equation library (updated)
(01-31-2017 01:35 PM)akmon Wrote:  Thnks for version 0.05, but I still get a restart on my phisical unit when I press [Num], [Plot] or [View] and then option "Add or edit variable"
However, on my virtual calculator it works well. Could be there is some old files from the earlier version on my phisical calculator that corrupts the system?

I have only been using the program on the virtual calc and so far have not had any crashes other than the empty choose list I described earlier. Are you pressing [Num] prior to inputting any variables and equations? It may be you are still running into empty list issues if so. The solver right now makes little to no checks whether there is a valid system; you will need to ensure that it does. The last thing to check is if your "Equation Library.lib" app file is not corrupt. Back it up, and simply delete it.

EDIT: So I just tried to run it on the actual calculator and am seeing some warmstarts (calculator resets). I managed to trace it down to the return() statement in the ssInitVars() program. It looks like either you and I have both the same memory corruption, or there is indeed a bug the current firmware with respect to return() within an app.

Quote:And is there an option for solving system of equations "on the go" using your engine, for just inserting the equations without defining the variables previously?. The variables will be created automatically in the solver menu ([Num]).

No, and that is due to a limitation of how variables are created on the calculator. (In order to use the built-in equation editor in the Symb view, only existing variables are allowed.) One can only hope that in the future they will modify app behaviors so that entering formulas in the symbolic view, app variables are automatically created. I am not sure why that has not been made to be the default behavior. At the moment, I prefer not to have to build a custom equation editor.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Creating an equation library - Han - 01-10-2015, 03:45 AM
RE: Creating an equation library (updated) - Han - 01-31-2017 02:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)