Creating an equation library (Updated 03-FEB-2017)
11-13-2015, 10:54 PM
RE: Creating an equation library (updated)
(11-13-2015 03:20 PM)Han Wrote:  The next version will likely make use of the Solve app and that the end result would be a mix of an equation library (a la HP48) and SolveSys (for both HP48 and HP49). The choice of basing the next version on the Solve app is that the Symb view would allow one to view all the equations in textbook form. That said, there are some caveats with this idea:

1. Variables would have to be created first. This can be done easily as the user would simply be asked to enter a list of variable names, and their creation would be done by the app. While it is possible to simply create equations without specifying the variable names (and have the app create them where necessary), we would be limited to algebraic input and display of said equations. (In the Symb view, one cannot enter an expression/equation involving non-existent variables). For equations that involve complex expressions, I find that being able to view them using textbook display to be more advantageous than not having to specify the variables of a system.

2. We are limited to only 10 expressions/equations using the Symb view. This limitation is only in the viewing of the equations. The system would be stored internally by the app, and there would be mechanisms to "page" through all the equations in a system having more than 10 equations. I have not run into too many instances of systems involving more than 10 equations except in the case of regressional analysis (curve fitting data to a formula). In the latter case, all the equations would look essentially the same, though.

Once a user sets up the variables and equations, there will be options to the "save" the system and add it into one's "library" of equations. Then, users can either create a new system, or select from their library.

If anyone has other ideas they'd like to propose, please let me know.

As I was reading your suggestions it seemd you were reading on my mind. Your targets are perfect, a hybrid of fast inserting or pre-defined collection of equations. Wonderful. This program would be considered one of my top- rated Hp program ever (with Vigag, FEM and Secciones). I´ll stay tuned for your release. Thank you Han for your great work.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Creating an equation library - Han - 01-10-2015, 03:45 AM
RE: Creating an equation library (updated) - akmon - 11-13-2015 10:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)