[CAS] arc sine of a complex number
12-17-2014, 04:20 PM (This post was last modified: 12-17-2014 04:57 PM by compsystems.)
RE: [CAS] arc sine of a complex number
(12-17-2014 06:53 AM)parisse Wrote:  i is complex mode
What is the difference between the flags "Complex" and "use I"?

The message that launches the hpprime (asin(4.0+i) => "Error: Bad Argument Value" ) makes losing all the computational power of xcas

(12-17-2014 07:51 AM)parisse Wrote:  Well, I will probably remove the error

Return the same input when the flag is disabled, suggests you can not solve. :~(
asin(4.0+i) => asin(4.0+i) =(

ideally show a dialog box saying that if you want to change a complex mode, this is already implemented in the CAS of HP50, what involution? must extract the best from the past

HP50G
[Image: switch_complex_mode_on.png]
are you agree with this request? +1 or -1 or indifferent, please vote

solve(x^2+2*x+3 = 0,x) "use i [OFF]" => [] ok no real results
solve(x^2+2*x+3 = 0,x) "use i [on]" => {√(2)*i-1,-√(2)*i-1}

solve(x^2+2*x+3 = 0,x) "use i [OFF]" => great if also generates a message to change the flag, if the user does not want to change return []

PD: Please Parisse can improve the output of the expression, ordered the real part first

solve(x^2+2*x+3 = 0,x) "use i [on]" => {-1+ √(2)*i, -1 - √(2)*i-1 }

Naturally mathematical texts show real part + imaginary part , a+b*I, also for easy reading when the output expression is very large

other request is to label the output only for the purpose of observing a more didactic output, this may be adding a new flag in configuration of the CAS

solve(x^2+2*x+3 = 0,x) "use i [on] and tag[on]" => { x1:-1+ √(2)*i, x2:-1 - √(2)*i-1 }

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CAS] arc sine of a complex number - compsystems - 12-17-2014 04:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)