Calling a Program from Home Page. What's Wrong
12-12-2014, 01:00 PM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2014 01:21 PM by Snorre.)
RE: Calling a Program from Home Page. What's Wrong
(12-12-2014 08:44 AM)bobkrohn Wrote:  According to the manual the "\" only comment out the line they are on.
Correct (but "//" instead of "\\").

(12-12-2014 08:44 AM)bobkrohn Wrote:  There is no end-of-line ";" required either.
Correct, trailing ";" is required only for statements (and can be omitted for an expressions if it's the last within a block).

(12-12-2014 08:44 AM)bobkrohn Wrote:  Searched the User Manual for "Version" and "firmware" didn't see anything relevant.
So can't do it on calculator.
Press "Help" button, then softmenu "Tree", then treeitem "About HP Prime", and finally softmenu "OK". You'll see the software version: <date> (<build number>).

(12-12-2014 08:44 AM)bobkrohn Wrote:  I was an artistically rendered/printed equation something like "x2 + y2 = r2"
The background was a grid pattern.
That's normal while restarting. You should have seen this picture the first time You switched on Your newly bought device.

(12-12-2014 08:44 AM)bobkrohn Wrote:  Am I correct in saying there is no way to copy ALL programs on the physical calculator, en masse, over to the Virtual Calculator? And vice-versa.
(click first-file / shift-click last-file / Copy / Paste to Folder)
That I have to Create/Copy/Paste each one-at-a-time?
No, in Connectivity Kit right-click on your source device, select "copy from here", right-click on your target device, select "copy to here". After that, both devices should contain the same data (history, apps, programs, vars, notes etc.).

(12-12-2014 08:44 AM)bobkrohn Wrote:  Still trying to find a way to Export a Spreadsheet and/or Matrix to my PC via the Connectivity Program.
Maybe even as a simple ASCII CSV file.
(click first-cell / shift-click last-cell / Copy / Paste to into Text Editor or Excel on PC)
Open Your spreadsheet in Connectivity Kit, select the whole sheet, copy, paste into Excel. You'll lose the formatting and may need to correct some function names or decimal signs (in my case Excel functions have German names like "SUMME" instead of "SUM", and numbers have an other decimal sign). Some spreadsheet objects and functions (e.g. complex numbers, matrices within cells, CAS-functions) may not work in Excel.

(12-12-2014 08:44 AM)bobkrohn Wrote:  Sorry for all the questions.
You're welcome.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Calling a Program from Home Page. What's Wrong - Snorre - 12-12-2014 01:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)