Program help needed
11-24-2014, 12:07 PM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2014 12:10 PM by DrD.)
RE: Program help needed
When I prepare for posting in forums, etc., I try to remember to also test my posted info on the hardware calc. This way, other forum readers should be able to just copy and paste the info, if desired. Sometimes I use Notes to pass complicated expressions from the CK to the hdwe. (Usually, I just manually enter them). Most of the time, the virtual calc is the better tool for forum interaction, since cut/paste is readily available. I haven't found a way to use CTRL-C / CTRL-V between the CK and the Prime hdwe other than via notes, but it would sure be very handy to do so!

Do you know of another way to shuttle off calc information to the hardware device?

[Virtual Calc]
When copying from the entry line for use off calc, I frequently use [shift][copy] | All, (because CTRL-A doesn't work), along with CTRL-C, to quick copy, then CTRL-V to quick paste into other apps. Wouldn't it be nice if other shortcuts were supported, like CTRL-Z, CTRL-Y (undo / redo), but no...

I use (mouse) touch-select a lot for grabbing historical items from the display, and [Enter] to place them on the entry line. Often I also use the [()] key, first. This has the nice feature of placing grabbed-history items INSIDE those parens, thus properly enclosing expressions / functions / commands!

I also use [shift][copy] along with [shift][paste] to re-use entry line items (or parts thereof).

The efficiency of copy and paste really pays off for me, in both speed and accuracy. I use the different methods quite a lot for different purposes at different times.

There is one other bug-a-boo (not a bugzilla thing) that bugs me: the distinction between subst() and the 'where' | operator. I understand the before / after evaluation detail, as described by Parisse, but this is nearly as useful as copy/paste. I much prefer the shorthand "|" operator.

Efficiency tips and tricks for the Prime would make a nice stand alone "Sticky" for this part of the forum!

-Dale-
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Program help needed - DrD - 11-22-2014, 01:36 PM
RE: Program help needed - Han - 11-22-2014, 01:44 PM
RE: Program help needed - DrD - 11-22-2014, 03:53 PM
RE: Program help needed - Han - 11-22-2014, 06:04 PM
RE: Program help needed - DrD - 11-22-2014, 08:34 PM
RE: Program help needed - Han - 11-22-2014, 09:02 PM
RE: Program help needed - DrD - 11-22-2014, 11:29 PM
RE: Program help needed - Han - 11-23-2014, 12:50 AM
RE: Program help needed - DrD - 11-23-2014, 03:25 PM
RE: Program help needed - Han - 11-23-2014, 05:32 PM
RE: Program help needed - DrD - 11-24-2014 12:07 PM
RE: Program help needed - Han - 11-24-2014, 01:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)