Modified HP-71B MultiMOD Issue
02-24-2024, 01:13 AM
RE: Modified HP-71B MultiMOD Issue
(02-23-2024 11:34 PM)BitWiz Wrote:  [snip]

I specifically would like to have the HP-41 Translator ROM and Forth/Assembler ROMs in my unit.

[snip]

You cannot have both of these ROMs/Modules installed at the same time, as they both utilize a fixed-address ROM at E0000 (and they are not the same). The 41Trans ROM was derived from the original Forth/Assembler by Bill Wickes, and in the process he made many, many changes which resulted in the need to revise the RAM-based and both the soft- and hard-addressed ROM portions.

Although a technically impressive emulation of the 41, I've never met anyone who actually liked using it. It was created as a means for ISV/VAR developers to move their 41 programs onto the 71B quickly, while rewriting from scratch in BASIC (or assembler, or Forth, etc.), thus allowing their customers to move to the new, much faster machine with larger display, and better HP-IL support, right away and not have to wait for the re-write. And while some developers surely did this, very few of these ported programs, if any, ever saw the light of community users eyes (e.g. PPC, CHHU, etc.).

I'll email you about some of the items you're looking for.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Modified HP-71B MultiMOD Issue - BitWiz - 02-23-2024, 11:34 PM
RE: Modified HP-71B MultiMOD Issue - rprosperi - 02-24-2024 01:13 AM
RE: Modified HP-71B MultiMOD Issue - KimH - 02-24-2024, 08:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)