HP15c CE POGO programming cable
02-11-2024, 10:38 AM
RE: HP15c CE POGO programming cable
I failed miserably at running SAM-BA.

I borrowed my wife's Windows 11 notebook but couldn't install the 2.18 version, the installator just got stuck. Tried the newest version as well but that one crashes immediately at start (and yes, I've tried to run it as Administrator as well). I gave up, I am hopelessly clueless in Windows anyway.

I noticed microchip.com provides Linux builds of SAM-BA as well so I gave them a try. 2.18 starts in basically the same way Jose describes. I could select the appropriate board and connection (/dev/ttyACM0 in my case) but the program freezes right after I press Connect. Inspecting the process I see it hangs on reading from /dev/ttyACM0. I tried 3.7 as well but it's a wholly different beast, driven by a command lines interface and one has to know what they are doing, which unfortunately isn't my case, my experience with the embedded world is zero.

While the failure isn't a problem for me (one of my two CEs came already patched by Jose), still I'd like to learn how to do it myself and on Linux specifically. If anyone went this path, would you please share the know-how? Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP15c CE POGO programming cable - Divasson - 01-25-2024, 10:48 AM
RE: HP15c CE POGO programming cable - Gene - 01-25-2024, 01:11 PM
RE: HP15c CE POGO programming cable - vaklaff - 02-11-2024 10:38 AM
RE: HP15c CE POGO programming cable - ebs - 02-12-2024, 11:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: