Help with G.P.S. Coordinates!
09-11-2014, 02:21 AM
RE: Help with G.P.S. Coordinates!
I was going to suggest just multiplying the fractional portion (.8333333333) by 60 then entering that as the seconds but Joe combined it into one line. Joe's first method doesn't seem to work in RPN (not sure what to do with the '1') but the second one does just hit enter after entering the degrees then add then divide...nice but not as easy as the CASIO Sad.

Not sure how you would do this in a program though, except as you say use two variables for each number. Or store them in a list or matrix and access them that way; if you want the program to ask for them you could just take the input as a string and parse it in the program (if you want to bother with the effort)...or provide two places one to enter the degrees one for the decimal minutes/seconds and multiply the fraction by 60 to get the seconds and go from there.

I remember needing grads a couple of times in college (in math class), I don't imagine the problems have changed in the last 30 years, or maybe I'm just archaic like gradians supposedly are I guess they are just gon for good Smile.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help with G.P.S. Coordinates! - oldhpfan - 09-11-2014 02:21 AM
RE: Help with G.P.S. Coordinates! - jebem - 09-11-2014, 05:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)