Color Blindness and HP Prime keys color choice
02-12-2014, 07:42 AM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2014 07:47 AM by HP67.)
RE: Color Blindness and HP Prime keys color choice
(02-11-2014 09:43 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  
(02-11-2014 08:50 PM)HP67 Wrote:  The blue 50g is really atrocious. Not only did they pick colors with almost no contrast that get lost on the background

Did you ever use one? That unit actually has excellent contrast and is extremely readable for everyone including those with colorblindness issues. In pictures it looks like it would be really bad, but not in practice.

I have one but have not opened the package yet since after looking at it quite a lot I'm still trying to decide whether to keep it or sell it.

I have a hard time seeing the blue on blue and I also find the mismatch between the shift key colors and the markings that should match them (but don't) very disturbing. I realize color is a very personal thing but with all due respect I think the way this was done was a mistake in many ways.

On the black model the shift key colors match well enough that it's immediately obvious what the shift keys are for and the markings are high-contrast and very visible. With the blue it's hard to see and non-intuitive.

Look at Ariel's very nice shot above and contrast the way the SX keyboard jumps out at you as opposed to the 49G which is simply garish, ugly and hard to see.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Color Blindness and HP Prime keys color choice - HP67 - 02-12-2014 07:42 AM
RE: Color Blindness and HP Prime keys color choice - donald Williams - 02-11-2014, 10:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)