Disassembly and Repair of the HP 82059B 41C Power Supply
01-23-2023, 11:24 AM
RE: Disassembly and Repair of the HP 82059B 41C Power Supply
Hi,
opening the charger is in most cases simple, if you use a flat screwdriver and insert and leverage where the cable comes out and excactly on the opposite site. There is a little slot. I never had any problems and i repaired many chargers. The plastic is ABS, so you can glue them together with little amount of CA.

But before opening i would always test wether the cable is broken in the plug, a common problem for the early versions of the charger (HP-19 or HP-97). The material of the plug and the cable are much softer, so when you bend it to much or pull the plug out drawing the cable, the contacts may break.

You can prick a small needle into the cable and measure the AC voltage.

To repair the plug, open it with a sharp knife and resolder the contact. Use hot glue to close the plug.

Or in some cases you can make a new plug:
Some female Tamiya (RC suplies) plugs may fit the HP contacts and you can make a new plug with some soldered PCB material as a form and fill it out with hot glue. Take black hot glue or shrinking tube.

Some newer transformers have a thermal fuse, which can be interruppted due to overload. Please check this before replacing the transformer.

Ralf
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Disassembly and Repair of the HP 82059B 41C Power Supply - Hiwi - 01-23-2023 11:24 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)