WIP: 16C firmware hack for more memory
04-23-2023, 08:48 PM
RE: WIP: 16C firmware hack for more memory
(04-23-2023 04:03 AM)brouhaha Wrote:  The functions I'm planning to add can be seen in the right pane of this screen capture of a program I'm working on. It's pretty ugly now, but the intent is to be able to drag the new functions to the assignable key locations, to experiment with the FLOAT-mode keyboard layout.

Great, thanks for sharing.

I notice you have 34 new functions, which I assume is to match the number of "operations not active in floating-point decimal mode" (excluding A-F) section in the manual, plus WINDOW and #B (which aren't listed, but also are not active).

Looks a really well-chosen set of functions. However, I wonder if it would be possible to also add the very useful ->H.MS and ->H conversions? This could perhaps be achieved by replacing the three separate DEG/RAD/GRAD functions with a single DRG key that can cycle through the modes. It always seems a waste to have 3 separate keys for that.

Alternatively, maybe ->H.MS and ->H could replace D->R and R->D, which are more trivial to calculate manually and are, IMHO, less useful.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
More labels? - brouhaha - 01-30-2023, 06:40 AM
statistical registers - brouhaha - 04-22-2023, 06:00 AM
RE: WIP: 16C firmware hack for more memory - Garry Lancaster - 04-23-2023 08:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)