Triangle Solver and realistic drawing of a solved triangle
08-11-2014, 10:10 PM
RE: Triangle Solver and realistic drawing of a solved triangle
(08-09-2014 10:43 AM)mcjtom Wrote:  Risking beating a dead horse, here are a few more issues I discovered with Triangle Solver App:

- the programme seems to be checking if the sum of angles>180deg, but not if it's less than that. Also, entered angles are not checked right away for 180deg equality (if all 3 are entered), instead a message to enter 'at leas one side' appears.

- the calculated elements of a triangle are highlighted, but this seems to be only an ornamental distinction from the entered values: if I'd like to experiment with how changing a value of one element changes the solution, I need to delete all the unneeded elements first by hand each time I adjust it.

- when a side is edited, the "sum of angles > 180deg" can appear even if the visible sum of angles is ok.

- Angles of 180deg are allowed; moreover, if a=0, b=0, c=0, "infinite solutions" is the result (whatever that means for a triangle...), but when a=0, b=0, c=5 there is a cryptic message that there are "no solutions given data" (but why?). Another exampel is a=0, b=0, c=0, A=5, B=5, C=5 which results in 'Infinite Solutions' - it's not a triangle, even out of many.

- "solution found" is displayed even after editing entries - it's easy to think that the new values entered, before pressing Solve, are the solution.

The app only asks for 3 of 6 values....I have tested these bugs and I am doubtful about what is a triangle with this app... about 180 degree angles, if a=b=c=0, this result in a line, a case of degenerated triangle. The Triangle Solver must have a check of sum of angles measures to solve these bugs...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Triangle Solver and realistic drawing of a solved triangle - Anderson Costa - 08-11-2014 10:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)