Will HP Make Real Calculator Again?
12-14-2022, 06:42 PM
RE: Will HP Make Real Calculator Again?
(12-12-2022 09:28 PM)Eric Rechlin Wrote:  Cheapest way to get a portable 48/49 is to get an old Android phone for $30 or so and load Emu48 (or Emu42 or Free42 if you prefer) onto it. Then you can run all of Christoph's emulators, with the only disadvantage being the touch screen instead of a real keyboard. If you want a physical keyboard (as the Raspberry Pi idea presumably was for) you could probably take a similar approach with a custom external keyboard/case to encapsulate the phone.

But as far as HP making real calculators again? Remember at HHC 2022 and HPCC 2022, Moravia announced it is bringing back a 15c Collector's Edition. I'd say the 15c is a real calculator.
"Emu48 (or Emu42 or Free42 if you prefer) onto it. Then you can run all of Christoph's emulators, with the only disadvantage being the touch screen instead of a real keyboard."
Emu48 on Android phone which is most likely ARM?
I know so far ARM board making working the windows binaries from Christoph's emulators but on debian based linux (example raspbian) https://github.com/ptitSeb/box86/blob/ma...COMPILE.md I was not aware of any Android adaptor (like Box86 is for Debian based distro).
More details are available? (ideally having an Android tablet which will at the end support a pilbox connection and would show ILPER and VIDEO80 when I start an HP71B connected to it). Playing REVERSI during Christmas..

HP71 4TH/ASM & Multimod, HP41CV/X & Nov64d, PILBOX, HP-IL 821.62A & 64A & 66A, Deb11 64b-PC & PI2 3 4 w/ ILPER, VIDEO80, V41 & EMU71, DM41X, HP75D
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will HP Make Real Calculator Again? - floppy - 12-14-2022 06:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)