Advents of Code (programming challenges)
12-19-2022, 03:37 PM (This post was last modified: 12-19-2022 03:40 PM by pier4r.)
RE: Advents of Code (programming challenges)
yes! Further no stress! (although you did both 2021 and 2022, talking about pressure).
In puppet, that is actually a configuration language and was not meant for too many manipulations the variables are very hard to manipulate (indeed the variables there are practically constants), I am having quite some headache. Therefore after day 13 part 2 - on which I am working slowly, everyone has his own pace and obligations beside having fun, - I will put it aside to go around with RPL. I will need to terminate the current work that is going on since the 1st of Dec but that's life.

I may revisit day 1-13 with RPL but at first I will try to do day 14-25. I mean manipulating lists in userRPL is a piece of cake compared to puppet. Puppet is great to read and execute but not to manipulate. In RPL of course many facilities (functions or read/store this or that) may be missing, but could also be that they exists already and I need to find them.

Also an info: from the stats I could see, the problems that are a bit hard are in the middle of the month: 12-18 (max up to the 20th). Then, as a sort of dessert, there are again easy problems. Thus one could also skip the hard parts for later and try the easier ones first.

If I also fail with RPL I am not sure what I can do. What is left then? The TI/Casio side with Basic/Lua - but those may have even less helpful functions than RPL. Further in terms of memory the 9860 is not as well equipped as the 50g, while the nspire has plenty.
Maybe HPPPL/microPython on the Prime but that is a monster.

I was also intrigued by Plus42, although I am not sure that the formula language allows programming (if I understood, it should be more of a super solver like the HP 17B ).

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advents of Code (programming challenges) - pier4r - 12-19-2022 03:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)