The changing thickness of manuals
12-07-2022, 06:52 PM
RE: The changing thickness of manuals
Hello!

(12-07-2022 06:41 PM)Albert Chan Wrote:  Eventually you end up with software engineers writing bits of doc because all the tech writers were laid off ...

Maybe. But on the other hand, the need for documentation is not as big as it used to be. Since many years, Apple does not supply any (visible) documentation with their products (computers, phones, tablets) because they spend a lot of money to create an intuitive user interface. I have never read a single line of manual for any Apple product (and I converted to the Macintosh over 30 years ago). The same applies to most modern consumer products - if you have used one smartphone you can operate every smartphone. The differences have become really minuscule. The same with cars - who wants to read the operating manual of a rental car? They are all designed in a way to be used without any instructions. With my present car the only time I had to look into the manual, which I had downloaded to my iPad even before going to the dealer to collect the car, was to find out how to disable the annoying automatic windshield wipers...

Regards
Max
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The changing thickness of manuals - Maximilian Hohmann - 12-07-2022 06:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)