Is it just me (and it may be).....
08-06-2014, 01:32 PM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2014 04:56 AM by Angus.)
RE: Is it just me (and it may be).....
I don't know, but if I google for gon and geodesy there are numerous hits. I don't even have to do a refined search on german pages. I have seen even theodolites with both, degree and gon scale.
I would not have expected math or physics people to ever get into touch with gon. It surprises me that gon is obviously not used at college in the usa. Tim referred to hundreds of surveyors from the practice who don't miss it, nor does it seem to be vital for education at us-universities. Otherwise hp would surely have included it - thinking of the target market. (*) (interesting though that home view is somehow crippled I don't understand the the benefit of not including gon)
Don't get me wrong; I don't care at all about gon, it's only that to me it was totally clear that gon has its place in surveying, which is advertised.
So I would like to avoid playing the role of advocatus diaboli ;-)

(*) If any test exercise requires gon, then being able to switch to gon is more than valuable for the student I think.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it just me (and it may be)..... - Angus - 08-06-2014 01:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)