DM32 Prototype Unboxing and Introduction (HP 32Sii upgrade)
09-19-2022, 11:36 PM
RE: DM32 Prototype Unboxing and Introduction (HP 32Sii upgrade)
(09-19-2022 10:51 PM)Matt Agajanian Wrote:  Well then. From the iOS app store I have downloaded the WP 31s and WP 34s. So, will a WP version of DM 32 be available?

No. WP-31S and WP-34S are community RPN Scientific Calculator projects originally made to run in the inexpensive HP 20b and 30b business calculators, and in recent years were ported to iOS. The source code for these WP projects is open source; the code for SwissMicros products are not open source or available, with the notable exception of the DM42, since that was based on Thomas Okken's excellent Free42 application, which is GPL2 licensed, thus requiring derivative products also make their source available.

There will be no WP version of the DM32, however some members of the original WP 34S team are working on the 43S project, a very high-end RPN programmable calculator, which I believe will eventually be available on DM hardware as well as several other common platforms, however as development is not complete, I don't think they've finalized which platforms to eventually support. The exact timeline for completion of 43S is not yet clear, but hopefully in 2023!

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DM32 Prototype Unboxing and Introduction (HP 32Sii upgrade) - rprosperi - 09-19-2022 11:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)