[VA] SRC #012c - Then and Now: Sum
12-03-2022, 07:16 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2022 07:26 PM by Valentin Albillo.)
RE: [VA] SRC #012c - Then and Now: Sum
Hi, ijabbot,

Quote:Just on that point, the "printable" version of threads does expand the CODE panels, and so does the Lite (Archive) view. They would make your PDF files smaller too!

Yes, I know that the Printable version does expand the CODE panels but last time I checked, the MathJax (or whatever the name is) mathematical expressions do not appear as properly formated textbook expressions but as the MathJax text, which of course defeats the purpose entirely and looks horrible.

In short, when converted to PDF:
    - "normal" version gives you nice math expressions but truncated, useless CODE panels.

- "printable" version does expand the code panels but gives you text MathJax instead of properly formated (graphical) math expressions.

If you know some way to have both (i.e. nice math expression and untruncated CODE panels) I'd be very obligued. Smile

Quote:It would be nice if the forum had an option to show the entire thread on one page as that would be even easier to convert to PDF.

Yep, it would be ideal, at least for me. The old forum did just that, the whole thread in a single page, no matter how many posts in it, which was heaven for conversion to PDF.

I've increased the number of posts per page to the maximum, 50, so that if the thread results in 49 replies posted or less then it'll fit in just one page, i.e., one PDF file. Alas, my previous SRC had 86 posts in all so two pages, two PDF.

If Mr. Hicks would increase the limit of posts per page to 100 instead of 50 the situation would improve greatly.

Thanks for trying to help, have a nice weekend.
Regards.
V.
Edit: Oh, and "Lite version" does this:
Example of Lite version with math expressions, images, and CODE panels.

All My Articles & other Materials here:  Valentin Albillo's HP Collection

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [VA] SRC #012c - Then and Now: Sum - Valentin Albillo - 12-03-2022 07:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)