Statistical - Cubic Regression (Cubic Spline Fit) ?
05-31-2022, 12:07 PM
RE: Statistical - Cubic Regression (Cubic Spline Fit) ?
@Gjermund | Thanks for the recommendation. It's not exactly what I'm looking for, but it's something which will come in useful nonetheless. Smile

I'm ideally looking for something that hooks into the statistical summation data set and then fits a cubic spline to the data points much as would happen with the existing regression options. The programs you link to can be used to achieve similar outcomes but there's a bit more work involved.

The thing that I'd ideally like to find is something that functions much like the old 41 AECROM curve fitting routines but with a cubic interpolation fit too. The Best Fit option of the AECROM routines is ideal as it samples the data against all the regression options and picks the best for the dataset (saving you the need to first output a scatter plot before manually picking a suitable regression option). It's unfortunate that its regression options doesn't include cubic, as the AECROM curve fitting routines rightly deserve their legendary status in the 41 community.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Statistical - Cubic Regression (Cubic Spline Fit) ? - jonmoore - 05-31-2022 12:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)