New (to me) 41CX and a question
05-18-2022, 07:59 PM (This post was last modified: 05-18-2022 08:04 PM by Xorand.)
New (to me) 41CX and a question
I recently purchased a 41CX on eBay that just came in today. It was advertised as unknown working condition but looked great, including the battery terminals. It came with a dead rechargeable pack, but I put a normal pack in it with 4 new N cells and it works. So now I have a CV (fullnut) and CX (halfnut).

[Image: i-x36XpbP-L.jpg]

On both the 41CV and today on the 41CX, sometimes after putting the battery pack in the calculator it won't turn on. Usually it will start working if I push the battery pack up against the springs as if getting ready to remove the pack but leave the pack in. It might takes 3 or 4 attempts before it starts up.

Question: Is this potentially just the need to clean contacts? Note that both calculators have very nice and shiny battery contacts - no green or dark discoloration or deterioration at all. Also, the CX is very tight. I have had to rebuild the bottom posts on the CV before (last summer, I think I posted that on here).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
New (to me) 41CX and a question - Xorand - 05-18-2022 07:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)