NASA HP-41 Flight Procedures Handbook
10-15-2022, 01:02 PM
RE: NASA HP-41 Flight Procedures Handbook
I am also very interested in the "actual" software. Nothing would please me more than to take my carry-around 41 and configure it, overlays and all, as if it was ready for flight.

If I could offer some rationale ... as we move into this exciting new future of privatized space - capturing the precise history of the role NASA played and will play in this transition is imperative (and only the future will know why).

Something will be lost if we do not bridge from the evaporating physical archives of the 70s into this distributed shared persistence of the world internet and they have an opportunity with enthusiasts like you to digitize and preserve even to the small corners free of charge.

If there is any practical value perhaps some young enthusiast in the future trying to pack as much capability into some nano satellite will take inspiration from the kepler loop in a 600khz processor as they build some organic quantum program out of crispr fabricated e-coli. Perhaps just posting those actual programs next to the picture of Dr. Ride floating with her calculators will spark the realization that mortal people made space grade applications and steer some brilliant young person into STEM

Who knows. Its more the sentiment that storage is free and we should be frantically digitizing everything.

Good luck!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NASA HP-41 Flight Procedures Handbook - twdeckard - 10-15-2022 01:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)