New transfer tool for Linux: HPex
05-17-2022, 09:13 PM
RE: New transfer tool for Linux: HPex
Dear Liam, I would like to remark this again: thank you for your software and your time to write it. For me, it's great to have again a connection tool available for Linux, after struggling with the intermittent glitches of hptalx. Great!

(05-17-2022 05:55 PM)Liam Hays Wrote:  Like I said, HPex isn't tested with the Meta Kernel calculators.

Yes, I read it. But I wanted to go straight to the risky tests ;-) However, the HP 50g test looks promising, as apparently Kermit starts the communication, so maybe there's a silly difference in an isolated packet that breaks the connection. Anyway, before going further, I will play with my hp 48gx to confirm that my Python setup works as expected, as I'm slightly out of some of the recommended requirements of HPex.

(05-16-2022 11:24 PM)Thomas Klemm Wrote:  In order to analyse the problem you could insert a print statement in line 858 of /home/ramros/hpex/hpex-1.0.0/hpex_gui.py:

Code:
            # each element of each row is the name, size, type, and
            # crc in that order
            print(i)

This might give some insights into the output from Kermit.

Thanks for the hint Thomas and your comments! I will try it to gather some more information and report.

Ramón
Valladolid, Spain
TI-50, Casio fx-180P, HP48GX, HP50g, HP Prime G2
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New transfer tool for Linux: HPex - ramon_ea1gth - 05-17-2022 09:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)