Building a Casio RP-33 clone, working with Zebra strips
03-17-2022, 08:17 PM
RE: Building a Casio RP-33 clone, working with Zebra strips
I was able to get the zebra strips made to order with some limitations. The pitch was 0.05mm, the supports (side insulation) was a fixed width. The Length, Width and Height were all made to order. I had some made for the RP-33 and also replacements for the TRS-80 Model 100 (and similar) LCDs. If one wanted to order thousands they could get anything made.

You can get 6 or so smaller strips for $50 with shipping. Larger quantities are of course much less per piece. I would be happy to pass on the contact information privately. I'm hesitant to post it publicly and perhaps have them possible be inundated with requests for 'one zebra strip for a particular piece of equipment'. Just thinking the name could be spread without details, but perhaps I'm being silly?

Getting the correct fit of the zebra strip in the shim to a bit of trial and error. It needed to be tight enough to hold the strip in place while inserting the PCB but not so tight that it prevented the strip from expanding laterally as it was compressed. Getting the height right is tricky. You know you want 10% compression of the strip and you can measure the gap but you have to guestimate how much the rest of the parts involved will flex.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Building a Casio RP-33 clone, working with Zebra strips - Jeff_Birt - 03-17-2022 08:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)