HP-12C gets 'Entry-RPN' or Error in the QSG?
07-05-2014, 07:41 AM
RE: HP-12C gets 'Entry-RPN' or Error in the QSG?
(07-05-2014 04:33 AM)Joe Horn Wrote:  In your example, the ENTER does NOT follow an operation (as specified by HP's doc) but rather follows a numeric entry (which is NOT the situation they were talking about). In my example, it DOES follow an operation. HP's doc is correct.

That's not the way I see it - the intention, rather, is that number entry into the X register can be terminated by either ENTER or an operation. In other words, what's at issue is what follows the number. The only time ENTER would follow an operation is when you want to duplicate X on the stack.

RPL machines are different because you don't enter numbers directly into the bottom level of the stack (which we RPN types think of as X) but rather into a command line, from which it will be placed into the stack by ENTER (or operated on by a function with the returned value placed on the bottom of the stack). This is just one of the many reasons I never warmed to the RPL machines. And the -30 left me distinctly cold; I converted both of mine to WP-34's after briefly experimenting.

--- Les
[http://www.lesbell.com.au]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP-12C gets 'Entry-RPN' or Error in the QSG? - Les Bell - 07-05-2014 07:41 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)