Real Calc vs Emulator - My Experience
11-26-2021, 10:03 PM
RE: Real Calc vs Emulator - My Experience
@Christoph - I'm glad you're a curious guy and these challenges 'are just there' in front of you, as your various progeny have enriched my, and many thousands of other people's lives. The wide variety of emulators you've made available have allowed folks to 'test drive' a particular model to see how it feels, always have their favorite calc. with them and even allowed the folks that like to run extended calculations for many hours more efficient by now running them in minutes or even seconds.

My favorite among your emulators is undoubtedly Emu71/Win because of course of my fondness for the real 71B. This one is surely the most unique among the stable due to the very different nature of the 71B, with files, multiple languages, etc. It is very satisfying, after a spectacularly failed exploration which has led to Memory Lost, to simply close Emu71, saying "No, don't save" and I'm instantly back where I was, to attempt a slightly less extreme exploration.

I truly do prefer real devices for most actual calculations, but for exploring new s/w & f/w, and getting new programs running, your emulators let one safely and efficiently focus on the goal, and not have to waste time ensuring the safety of host system.

Thanks very much for all of that! Smile

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Real Calc vs Emulator - My Experience - rprosperi - 11-26-2021 10:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)