Plus42 Equations, Preview Release
06-08-2022, 12:15 PM
RE: Plus42 Equations, Preview Release
(06-08-2022 08:08 AM)JSBach Wrote:  1. Instead the key [R^] I would like the have a Stack menu key.
In NSTK mode, it would look like the HP28/HP48 stack menu, additionally it had [4STK].
In 4STK mode, it only had [R^], [ROT], [OVER], [CLST], [PRST] and [NSTK]. (Or similar).
So you had the Stack commands immediately, the only (small) disadvantage would be: You had to press two keys to get [R^].

Hmm, interesting.

Personally, I approached the big stack primarily from a programming perspective. As long as you can program stackrobatics, I don't particularly care how hard it is to reach those functions. And the functions are all there: ROT = R↑N 3, OVER = RCL ST Y or PICK 2, etc.

But to meet these or similar requests, a custom skin could serve, for example, by mapping CATALOG → STK to the keyboard perhaps.

(06-08-2022 08:08 AM)JSBach Wrote:  2. CUSTOM would be nice if it was a toggle with accompanying flag.
If cleared: After exiting all menus, it's like now.
if set: After exiting all menus, you are in the CUSTOM menu.
This would be a USER mode light.
(Alternatively you could switch [x<>] and [CUSTOM] keys ...).

A permanent CUSTOM option is already on my to-do list.

(06-08-2022 08:08 AM)JSBach Wrote:  3. A special label with special characters.
If you change into a directory and this label exists in this directory, it gets executed.
You could ASSIGN keys, set modes and flags.
You would need a flag to switch this behavior on and off (to get out of loops should it be necessary).

I'm not following, I'm afraid. Could you elaborate?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plus42 Equations, Preview Release - Thomas Okken - 06-08-2022 12:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)