Plus42 Equations, Preview Release
05-01-2022, 10:20 PM
RE: Plus42 Equations, Preview Release
(05-01-2022 07:31 PM)Thomas Okken Wrote:  
(05-01-2022 06:29 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  In what way(s) is the iOS version better? I thought I had followed this through its gestation period, but don't recall functional differences?

Swiping sideways to switch between calculator and print-out, and n-key rollover for reliable fast typing. I couldn't get those to work right on Android and ended up giving up on them. Also, Copy Print-Out as Image, couldn't get that to work because Android doesn't seem to support images on the clipboard. And finally, proper file extension mapping, and general polish.

Nothing major, but still, it bugs me a bit that it always seems to be harder to accomplish things on Android, and sometimes just too arcane or just flat-out impossible. Such is life, I guess.

It's funny I hear the opposite, i.e. that iOS development is more complex and persnickety than Android, by multi-platform developers that happen to have started on Android and use Android phones. I think this is both reasonable and natural, it's really a lot like RPN vs. RPL. Whichever type one doesn't use is clearly inferior. Smile

For the clipboard, I've been told you can do that with an "Intent" object, described below, where Plus42 is both the sender and receiver, though I've only heard this and by no means have experience doing so:

https://developer.android.com/guide/topi...copy-paste

The swiping between Calc and Print-out sounds convenient, hopefully that will get another look someday. The other deficiencies don't sound like a big loss, though I'm not sure what 'proper file extension mapping' implies.

There is so much new stuff here, it will take ages to wade through it all, so those issues are truly nits, but I appreciate that missing them bugs you, it speaks to your aims to deliver balanced features among the platforms, which is always a good thing as it typically helps one to learn a lot of subtle 'stuff'.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plus42 Equations, Preview Release - rprosperi - 05-01-2022 10:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)