Yet another HP simulator (using C + X11)
12-26-2021, 12:52 PM
RE: Yet another HP simulator (using C + X11)
(12-02-2021 10:18 AM)Mike T. Wrote:  
(12-02-2021 01:07 AM)cdmackay Wrote:  But the real problem was that many mouse-clicks on the keys are missed. More than half.

Not sure why that is - I frequently use a remote desktop with my headless Raspberry Pi and haven't seen that problem. Are you using X over SSH? (I just enable XDMCP on my LAN and use Xephyr to connect. If someone can sniff those packets I've got bigger problems to worry about than un-encrypted network traffic!).

I just tried building and running the latest from GitHub in a VM running Ubuntu 14.04, and I found that it was dropping mouse events as well, and also just being unbearably sluggish overall. I noticed that while the app was running, compiz was running at over 100% CPU, and xorg was using another 40% or so. Compiz pegging a core could explain the dropped events.

Note that this version does include the -std=gnu99 option that was mentioned earlier... it also includes -no-pie in src/makefile, which I had to remove because it was not recognized, and causing compilation to fail.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Yet another HP simulator (using C + X11) - Thomas Okken - 12-26-2021 12:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)