Olivetti logos 45 dot matrix printer problem
11-05-2023, 09:34 AM
RE: Olivetti logos 45 dot matrix printer problem
(09-24-2021 12:52 PM)Jonas Sandstedt Wrote:  Hello,

I have a couple of Olivetti Logos calculators such as 42PD, 45PD (on the picture) and 75S. These all have a common dot matrix printer of a reliable electro-mechanical design. The only problem that I have encountered is that the platen gets hard and stiff such that the paper is not fed properly - see the picture. The paper runs via the platen and is clamped towards the platen by a relatively small metal counter-wheel that is resiliently biased towards the platen from the underside. The paper now slips between the counter-wheel and the platen. I have tried to rug the platen and the counter-wheel with a fine paper, and have tried to soak the platen with brake fluid that I read could be used for typewriter platens that have gotten stiff. After the brake fluid treatment, the printer worked OK for a while, but after a while it was back to its initial bad paper feed. Anyone has any suggestion how to counteract this problem?

Best regards Jonas

Hello, that's fine that your logos work fine ! Have you the user manual of the Logos 45 ? Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Olivetti logos 45 dot matrix printer problem - luciano cavalo - 11-05-2023 09:34 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)